Almost Home!

Filed under: , by: Vince Romanin

My plane lands tomorrow, July 25th, around 5 pm.  For the second and not the last time this year, my world pulls a 180 and I say goodbye to everyone I've lived and worked with.  That's alot of goodbyes for one year.  I have one final TWI and a 'Final Thoughts' sort of post, but I'm going to wait until I arrive home to post them, so be sure to check back Saturday and Sunday to hear the dramatic conclusion.


This post has to be quick so I can finish up my work today, but to hold you over until Saturday, here is a preview.  Two years ago I studied abroad in London and Italy for the summer, and it was my first time living over seas for more than a week or two.  Between programs, I stopped in an internet cafe to write about the conclusion of our London program.  I recently found what I wrote, it was saved in my email 'drafts' section. I thought it would be a good prologue to my final thoughts on Nicaragua.

Jon and I are sitting in the internet cafe, our entire lives in suitcases next to us waiting to leave for Brussels and for the past hour I've been writing paragraph after paragraph on my afterthoughts, what I learned, and what I gained from the program, every time starting over because it doesn't really begin to cover what the program was about, so I give up.  Go live in another country for a month (I know some of you have) and you still won't have an idea of what this was like, but at least you will know why I can't describe it.  If you're in college, finish reading this article, find your study abroad office and your financial aid office, and tell them you want to go to another country.  It's easier to work out than you think, and there may not be another time you get an experience like this, ever.  Forget about summer jobs, you can work next summer.  Your friends will still be there when you get back, or bring them with you. In fact, bring me with you.

London down, Italy to go.
-Vince
There you have it, a preview of Vince after he studies abroad.


The last TWI will be up Saturday, and my final thoughts should be up Sunday.

Adios,
Chente

0 comments: